Auto Perceptions values the personal privacy of its users and is committed to ensuring that the information you provide us on our web site is protected.
When does Auto Perceptions collect my personal information?
Your personal information may be provided to Auto Perceptions in the following ways:
(1) by sharing your e-mail address and other personal information when registering for an account
(2) by sharing personal information when you submit news tips or by submitting a report via our Contact Form
(3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories.
We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site. Auto Perceptions is an open community but email addresses are requested to participate in some of our member-only features.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
Auto Perceptions’s servers automatically recognize a visitor’s IP address and domain name. These items do not reveal any personal information about the visitor. The information is used solely to compile statistics. This information helps us to understand the areas of our sites that people visit in order to deliver more effective content.
How does Auto Perceptions use my personal information?
The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
Online Ad Serving
When you visit our Web sites, Auto Perceptions uses third-party advertising companies to serve some or all of the advertisements on our sites. Often, these third-party advertising companies may employ cookie and pixel tag technologies to measure the advertisements’ effectiveness. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may interest you. As part of our relationship with such companies, we do not provide them any personally identifiable information. Tracking technology utilized by these companies is subject to their own privacy policies.
Auto Perceptions Email Announcements
We may, from time to time, send you e-mails announcing new site features and initiatives. If you do not wish to receive messages of this nature from Auto Perceptions, please use the unsubscribe link provided in the email. Finally, if we run a contest or promotion, we may ask you for your full name and address in order to properly manage the promotion of contests and to deliver notification to winners.
The necessary disclosure of any of the above information to third parties will be governed by the following principles:
(1) Where Auto Perceptions is required to do so by law and any order of the court.
(2) Where it is necessary to identify anyone who may be violating the rights of others or the law in general.
(3) Where Auto Perceptions intends to co-operate with the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities without being required to by virtue of any court order or other legal requirement.
(4) Where it is necessary to protect the rights of Auto Perceptions.
We use all reasonable precautions to securely maintain all information given to us by our registered members and we are not responsible for any breach of the reasonable security measures installed to protect the said information. We are not responsible for the private policies of any site linked to, or from, Auto Perceptions.
Auto Perceptions gives users options whenever necessary, and practical. Such choices include: Opting not to receive our electronic messages and opting not to provide certain optional personal information when registering for an account.
Transfer of Information
Auto Perceptions reserves the right to transfer any information accumulated as described above in the event of the sale of part or all of Auto Perceptions assets. By visiting our Web sites and by registering for an acount you consent to the collection and use of information in the manner herein described.
Auto Perceptions Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the Auto Perceptions website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to Auto Perceptions shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at Auto Perceptions’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
(1) Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The Auto Perceptions community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
(2) Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
(3) Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
(4) No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
(5) Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
(6) Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
(7) Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the Auto Perceptions community by being respectful and considerate.
(8) Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing comment threads and reporting spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the Auto Perceptions community environment inviting, insightful and constructive.